Duff & Phelps provides valuation in dissent, oppression and other shareholder dispute matters.
Duff & Phelps is regularly retained to assess the fair value of business interests in the context of shareholder disputes, including oppression and dissent matters. We provide the necessary financial and valuation analyses and/or investigative accounting and document reviews throughout each stage of the dispute process. We have provided independent expert testimony in such matters in a variety of court and arbitral forums in various jurisdictions. Our work in this area has included a wide variety of large and small public and private company contexts in a variety of industries and includes cross-border disputes.
Duff & Phelps offers:
- Seasoned testifying experts, with direct experience in complex litigation, including several precedent setting cases
- Deep experience in Canada going back more than 30 years
- A team of more than 25 Canadian chartered business valuators
- Truly independent analysis and credible opinions
- Combination of local knowledge and global reach, including deep industry expertise
- Ability to leverage multiple perspectives of advisory expertise, including valuation, corporate finance, transaction opinions, restructuring and transfer pricing
- Clear, concise written expert reports, that reflect a blend of theory, business judgement and real-world perspectives
- Lean and deeply experienced engagement teams that provide the highest value to clients.