Duff & Phelps combines local knowledge and global reach to provide a comprehensive offering of business, financial and investigative services in connection with Canadian competition matters.
Our clients benefit from the whole firm's breadth of experience and expertise. We integrate into each engagement perspectives and experience in mergers and acquisitions, forensic and investigative accounting and business valuations. Our reports reflect a blend of theory, litigation experience, business judgment and real-world perspectives.
Service areas include:
- Consulting, electronic discovery and forensic investigation services in connection with Section 11 orders and other information requests
- Assistance in connection with Section 100 and 104 applications, including with regard to irreparable harm and adequacy of proposed hold separate agreements;
- Quantification of efficiencies pursuant to Section 96;
- Act as a "clean team" in the preparation of responses to information requests where the parties are precluded from preparing a combined response. For example in preparation of an efficiencies analysis;
- Opinions as to whether a prospective target constitutes a "failing firm"; and
- Opinions as to viability, from a business perspective, of proposed remedies.
We are often engaged by prospective acquirers at a very early stage in contemplation of an offer to provide preliminary analyses.
Agreements or Arrangements:
- Quantification of efficiencies pursuant to the Section 96 efficiencies defense in response to a Section 90.1 challenge by the Commissioner
Abuse of Dominant Position:
- Investigation and expert opinions relating to financial matters pertaining to allocations of abuse of dominant position
Corporate Commercial Litigation
Numerous testimonies as independent experts in many forums and jurisdictions.Corporate Commercial Litigation
Shareholder Disputes and Fair Value
Valuation in dissent, oppression and other shareholder dispute matters.Shareholder Disputes and Fair Value
Business Valuation and Appraisals
Duff & Phelps provides valuation and asset appraisal for financial reporting, income tax, investment and risk management purposes.Business Valuation and Appraisals
Legal Management Consulting
Advisory for business innovation and processes.Legal Management Consulting
Compliance and Regulatory Consulting
Local and global compliance expertise for the financial services industry.Compliance and Regulatory Consulting
Duff & Phelps Completes Acquisition of Kroll From Corporate Risk Holdings