Fairness and Solvency Opinions
Duff & Phelps helps boards of directors and special committees formed by boards fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities when considering corporate transactions.
Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps Ranked No. #1 for Announced Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and Globally in 2019, according to Thomson Reuters’ “Global Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2019."
Duff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking first for announced fairness opinions the past five years.
Since 2005, we have provided more than 900 fairness opinions (nearly $370 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
Duff & Phelps has rendered 900 Solvency Opinions ($3.9 trillion in deal value) related to:
- Core Practice: Ranked #1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally the past five years and is a leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (more than 1,800 fairness and solvency opinions and $4.3 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions in which Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism
Middle-market M&A advisory differentiated by industry expertise and superior execution.
Transaction Advisory Services
Enable buyers, sellers and lenders to maximize value throughout the transaction process.
Private Capital Markets
Senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt and venture/private equity for a wide range of transactions.
Business Valuation and Appraisals
Duff & Phelps provides valuation and asset appraisal for financial reporting, income tax, investment and risk management purposes.
Apparel Quarterly Update – Fall 2020
Dow Jones Industrial Average Special Report
The German Economic Stabilization Fund and Importance of Fairness Opinions in Corporate Transactions
Corporate Finance Accomplishments and 2020 Industry Trends
Duff & Phelps Ranked Among Top 5 Financial Advisors in Germany for Q2 2020
Mark Kwilosz Was Quoted in Auto Service World
Alexandre Pierantoni featured in Wall Street Journal’s PE Daily
Howard Johnson Provides M&A Market Update During FEI SGH Seminar