Fairness and Solvency Opinions
Duff & Phelps helps boards of directors and special committees formed by boards fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities when considering corporate transactions.
Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking #1 for announced fairness opinions over the past 10 years, according to Thomson Reuters data - full years 2011 through 2020.
Duff & Phelps Ranked #2 for Announced Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and Globally in 2020, according to Thomson Reuters’ “Global Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2020."
Since 2005, we have provided more than 1,000 fairness opinions (over $420 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
Duff & Phelps has rendered over 950 Solvency Opinions ($4.4 trillion in deal value) related to:
- Core Practice: Ranked #1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally over the past ten years and is a leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (more than 1,950 fairness and solvency opinions and $4.8 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions in which Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism
Middle-market M&A advisory differentiated by industry expertise and superior execution.
Transaction Advisory Services
Enable buyers, sellers and lenders to maximize value throughout the transaction process.
Private Capital Markets
Senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt and venture/private equity for a wide range of transactions.
Business Valuation and Appraisals
Duff & Phelps provides valuation and asset appraisal for financial reporting, income tax, investment and risk management purposes.
European Chemicals Update – Q4 2020
Chicago Companies vs. DJIA during COVID-19
Measuring Their Shot – A Study of Professional Golfers’ Future Career Value
Healthcare Services Sector Update – December 2020
The Brazil Corporate Finance Practice Recognized as One of the Best Independent M&A Advisors by Leaders League
Duff & Phelps Ranked Among Top 5 Financial Advisors in Germany for Q2 2020
Mark Kwilosz Was Quoted in Auto Service World
Alexandre Pierantoni featured in Wall Street Journal’s PE Daily