Duff & Phelps helps boards of directors and special committees formed by boards fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities when considering corporate transactions.
Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps Ranked No. #1 for Announced Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and Globally in 2018, according to Thomson Reuters’ “Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2018."
Duff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking first for announced fairness opinions over the past five years1. Over the past decade, we have provided nearly 850 fairness opinions (reflecting $333 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell-side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
Duff & Phelps has rendered more than 800 solvency opinions ($3.7 trillion in deal value) related to:
- Dividend recapitalizations
- Debt refinancings
- Intercompany restructurings
- Spin-offs and split-offs
Duff & Phelps also has dedicated expertise in Commercially Reasonable Debt Opinions and ESOP and ERISA Advisory.
- Core Practice: Ranked No. 1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally over the past five years and is the leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (nearly 1,700 fairness and solvency opinions and $4.0 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions where Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism
1 Published in Thomson Reuters’ “Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2018.”
Middle-market M&A advisory differentiated by industry expertise and superior execution.M&A Advisory
Transaction Advisory Services
Enable buyers, sellers and lenders to maximize value throughout the transaction process.Transaction Advisory Services
Private Capital Markets
Senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt and venture/private equity for a wide range of transactions.Private Capital Markets
Business Valuation and Appraisals
Duff & Phelps provides valuation and asset appraisal for financial reporting, income tax, investment and risk management purposes.Business Valuation and Appraisals