Corporate Commercial Litigation
Duff & Phelps is regularly retained to assess financial loss/damages, business value and related financial issues in complex corporate commercial disputes.
We provide the necessary financial, economic and valuation analyses and/or investigative accounting and document reviews throughout each stage of the dispute process and present our conclusions and findings in a clear, compelling and credible manner. We have provided independent expert testimony in such matters in a variety of court and arbitral forums in various jurisdictions. Our work in this area has included a wide variety of large and small public and private company contexts in a variety of industries and includes cross-border disputes.
Duff & Phelps offers:
- Seasoned testifying experts, with direct experience in complex litigation, including a number of precedent setting cases
- Deep experience in Canada going back 30+ years
- A large team Canadian Chartered Business Valuators, Investigative & Forensic Accountants and Chartered Financial Analysts
- Truly independent analysis and credible opinions.
- Combination of local knowledge and global reach, including deep industry expertise.
- Ability to leverage multiple perspectives of advisory expertise, including valuation, corporate finance, transaction opinions, restructuring, and transfer pricing.
- Clear, concise written expert reports, that reflect a blend of theory, business judgement and real world perspectives.
- Lean and deeply experienced engagement teams that provide the highest value to clients.